When you have the idea of writing a travelling blog, but find it impossible doing it while travelling because of the kids.
It's been a month since the trip and finally NOW..I can squeeze some time to at least write some of the things I remember about the trip.
*photos are on instagram, too lazy to put it up here*
Day 1 Munich-Ingolstadt-Zolling
- rented a car
- visited an outlet, good stuff
- overnight at a friend's place
- visited the small town of Piding, famous milk factory, was closed though
- Gossau; a super gorgeous Austrian charm house in between the valleys, just magnificent
- A small town by the lake, accessible by car through a tunnel and voila a gorgeous view, it's like magic right before your eyes
- Salzburg was mostly about Sound of Music, visiting the iconic places in the movie and not forgetting the Mozarthaus
- took a Festung up to the castle which was creepy/interesting
Salzburg - Garmisch Partenkischen
- was formally an winter Olympic host, famous for winter sports. Gorgeous town at the foot of the Alps, simply magical.
- spent some time wondering around which was great.
Garmish P. - Eibsee - Zugspitze - Alpine Coaster - Munich
- took a train & cable car to a top of a snowy mountain was madness with 2 kids, but was entirely worth it as the view was priceless. Kids enjoyed the snow.
- the Alpine coaster was the best, because I had 40 solid minutes to myself alone on a cable car in the quiet ride up to the top of the coaster. First time since having kids I managed to enjoy silence, most grateful for that short moment.
Munich - Doha
- spent half a day at the town buying some last minute stuff & drove to the airport to fly back to Doha.
Next up on my post would prolly be roadtripping with 2 young kids.